cistern overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a coupled wc with a Macdee 40100 siphon. All well untell a day or so ago when the water overflowed into the overflow tube and down the pan. I've turned the water off, drained it and started again. It works for one flush then overflows again. Help anyone ?

Steve

Sponsored Links
I've adjusted the float with the threaded bar at the side, and I've raised the level of the overflow outlet. No change. Returned everything to the original settings, and it's still overflowing. Could something be jamming the inlet open regardless of the float ?

Steve

Sponsored Links
Is it overflowing or is it letting by? It could be that the washer in the flush valve (for that is what a 40100 is, not a syphon) needs replacing.

Dealt with recently. See here

That's a pic of my valve then. It's definitely overflowing. I can see the water come up and then flood the overflow hole and down into the pan.

i had one of these EXCATLY the same the other day.

Same fault, no matter how much i fiddled about with the inlet valve, didnt cure it.

ended up fitting a new inlet valve.

also, as on that other thread, if the water is leaking down the pan but the water isnt reaching the overflow, the seal on the flush mechanism isnt sealing.

you can turn the seal around and this works also...!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back