Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to put 2 tube lights either side of my existing light bulb on a rose in my garage, do I need some sort of junction in place of my existing rose.

Sponsored Links
bbarnes1 said:
I wish to put 2 tube lights either side of my existing light bulb on a rose in my garage, do I need some sort of junction in place of my existing rose.

change existing fitting to new fitting and wire into terminals of new light. altho youll most likely need some choc block to join the perm. lives

Or if it looks OK leave the rose where it is and run the tail from it into one light, and then on ito the second. This solves the problem of what to do with the extra wires in the rose, and reduces the risk of error.
Otherwise duplicate the rose wiring carefully in a joint box or chocbloc plus choc-box and post it into the ceiling void.
Take care not to confuse the switch wires and the live+neutral feed. just because they are the same colours does not mean they can be interchanged. :eek:

edited to remove evidence of human error - see post below!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back