Potterton 80 Puma no hot water or central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just found this site and was wondering if anyone could help me please....

I have a potterton puma 80 wall mounted combi heater, and ive had constant problems with it since ive had it.

This time it took ages (over 30 mins) to ignite, and the pilot light looks pretty small compared to normal. The low system pressure light is on, however there is nearly 3 bar of pressure according to the gauge.

When i turn on the tap for hot water it doesnt sound like its kicking in and heating the water and in the little window all i can see is the dimly lit pilot light, and where you can normally see the flames when the boiler is being used there are none there now.

Also when i try to turn on the central heating i get absolutely no noise from the boiler whatsoever and consequently no heat either :S

Any help would be appreciated, ive tried to explain the problems as best i can but im no plumber. But if any more info is required i will do my best to get it..

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Hi, if "Low Pressure Light," is on boiler will not light at all! Common fault is debris in the diaphram in the low pressure switch or switch knackered. Advise get a "CORGI" Gas Engineer out who will remedy this problem quite easily.....

Sponsored Links
Good to get a CORGI engineer but IF this is the only problem then strictly a CORGI is not necessary.

A CORGI IS needed to look at the pilot light problem. Probably needs a good service or perhaps a replacement pilot light assembly with a new TC at the same time.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back