Out-side light continuouly on...help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently replaced all the socket panels and light swich plate in a bedroom. I am pretty sure that I wired them up correctly. However, the next day I discovered that the PIR light outside my front door was continuously on. I have cleaned the sensor but to no avail! Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Handy- Andy....Not! said:
I recently replaced all the socket panels and light swich plate in a bedroom. I am pretty sure that I wired them up correctly. However, the next day I discovered that the PIR light outside my front door was continuously on. I have cleaned the sensor but to no avail! Any ideas?

some go into permanent if you switch the power off and on. try switching it off then on again and see if it goes back normal. what switch controls the light?

Some PIRs have a facility where if you quickly turn the power on and off, then they go into a permanently on mode. Has this happened ? If so, cut the power to the PIR, count to 100, and turn it on again - Then it might stay on for a minute or two then go back to working normally.

Is it actually connected to the switches you changed ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, :D I'll try later today and let you know if it has been successful! The outside light doesn't actually have a switch as it's automatic so I had to take the bulb out to stop it.

If it turns out that that was the problem, you might want to consider fitting a switch somewhere along the line - Very short power cuts can cause this to happen, and its very annoying if you can't reset it easily....

All items of current using equipment MUST have a suitable means of isolation.

Add a switch!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back