neff 1382 pls help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys! need yr expert advise on fitting this ceramic hob...7900w. using a 6m cable soley for this and a 45amp fuse.
1st Q. is the this 6m cable and 45 fuse sufficiant. 2nd Q. {i believe i have to wire to 1N?}how do get two lots of 6m into one terminal that struggles with one? much appreciative browny9

Sponsored Links
How does the cable run? on a wall, in a cavity, buried in plaster, through insulation? how long is the run?

pdcelec said:
How does the cable run? on a wall, in a cavity, buried in plaster, through insulation? how long is the run?

hi pdcelec, the cable runs along walls and behind units all out of view(only in kitchen) cant get under floor due to new flooring. under floors everywhere else. the run goes from lounge near window, then up into loft, then down ito kitchen... so the run is approx 70-90ft long. hope this helps! ta

You said the cable was 6m, i.e. 19' 8", so no, it won't be enough for 70-90'

Sponsored Links
In which direction is it 6mm?

4.12b.gif

Well, he said "6mm thick", and I'm not convinced enough that he knows enough about what he's doing to be sure that he hasn't got hold of a piece of 2.5mm² and measured its thickness....

I'm not trying to be funny - that was the 6m/70-90' issue ;)

Anyway, 6mm² cable, i.e. one on which the live & neutral conductors have a csa of 6mm² will be OK for that load, over that distance, provided the cable is not insulated, or grouped with others at any point on it's run.

However, the MCB should be 32 or 40A, not 45.

Also, I can't tell from the description of the run - is it at any point buried in the wall, or plastered over etc?

:oops: well sheds u got me for a mo!! I no its 6mm2 cos it says on the tin "as they say"!! the cable as i said earlier, runs hidden until it gets to the kitchen.. then its clipped to the skirting (out of view) behind kitchen units, then into a base unit,, i still need the answer to how we double the 6mm2 cable to fit into 1N on the rear of the hob?? pls tease!!

browny9 said:
the cable as i said earlier, runs hidden until it gets to the kitchen.. then its clipped to the skirting (out of view) behind kitchen units, then into a base unit
You also said "the run goes from lounge near window, then up into loft, then down ito kitchen". It's a simple question - is it, for any part of its run, buried in the walls or plaster?

i still need the answer to how we double the 6mm2 cable to fit into 1N on the rear of the hob?? pls tease!!
Why do you need to do that?

sorry sheds, i think i understand the meaning of yr Q.... no its not behind plaster or walls. my other querry is cos i,m told i have to make more than one connections to hob and this i find difficult to do with 6mm2, can i split the cores in halve to make it easier?

browny9 said:
i find difficult to do with 6mm2, can i split the cores in halve to make it easier?

To make it 3mm² ? why do you want to derate the current carrying capacity

browny9 said:
{i believe i have to wire to 1N?}how do get two lots of 6m into one terminal that struggles with one?

browny9 said:
still need the answer to how we double the 6mm2 cable to fit into 1N on the rear of the hob??

browny9 said:
i,m told i have to make more than one connections to hob

I'm sorry - I'm not trying to take the p*** - I really have no idea what you're on about.

Try the Appliances forum?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back