Hoover Premier 705 washer overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
10 year old machine always worked flawlessly. Now will fill normally at start of cycle, start agitating, then at a random time while still agitating (varies each time) will start filling again. Sometimes it stops filling and continues only to start filling again 30 seconds later. Others it just keeps filling. Result is always overflowing machine. Does not fill when switched off (so can\\\'t be mixer valve). Could a blocked pressure tube cause these random fillings during the cycle?

Sponsored Links
it could be pressure chamber or its pipes blocked / partially blocked, hole in pipe from pressure chamber to pressure switch, or pressure switch itself

I would think the most likely fault is a hole in the pressure switch tubing. With due respect, you could have checked out the pressure vessel and tube before posting. ;)

with due resect i thought that the whole purpose of this site was to give advice. if every one knew what to do in every instance then the site would be unnecessary.

Sponsored Links
I only said that because a blocked pressure pipe was suggested in the original post. Since this is easy enough to check it would be worth checking before asking for advice. My customers often tell me what things they have checked already eg mains fuse, kinked inlet hoses etc and this can help make the diagnosis quicker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back