Right Price for Scaffolding.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a qoute for Scaffolding for the front of my house for £250.00. it's for Painting and fixing and clearing gutters and replacing about a metre of Fascia and Soffit boards I just want to know:
Is that a good price for the Scaffolding.
Is it easy to change the fascia and soffet boards, do the tiles actually rest on the S/F boards??.
Thanks for any advice. :)

MOD

please see item9

Sponsored Links
How about a scaffold tower if you have access all along the wall?

S.Dhuper said:
Hi, I've got a qoute for Scaffolding for the front of my house for £250.00. it's for Painting and fixing and clearing gutters and replacing about a metre of Fascia and Soffit boards I just want to know:
Is that a good price for the Scaffolding.
Yes, I just paid £400 for scaffolding around the 2 chimney area on a bungalow and that's not in London!

oilman said:
How about a scaffold tower if you have access all along the wall?
I've got a front porche which sort of rules that out but surprisingly it was more expensive then the scaffolding :eek: :eek: , but if anybody knows will it be fairly easy to change the F/S board?? and do the tiles sort of rest on the F/S board?? many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
S.Dhuper said:
anybody knows will it be fairly easy to change the F/S board??
Most average diy'er can cope with it. Use a fine tooth saw for cutting if you're using upvc.
and do the tiles sort of rest on the F/S board??
Yes they do but shouldn't go anywhere as it's mainly rest on the first row of batten.

without wishing to invoke the wrath of the mods thats about what I pay for a single lift at gutter level in Oxford.

masona said:
S.Dhuper said:
anybody knows will it be fairly easy to change the F/S board??
Most average diy'er can cope with it. Use a fine tooth saw for cutting if you're using upvc.
and do the tiles sort of rest on the F/S board??
Yes they do but shouldn't go anywhere as it's mainly rest on the first row of batten.

Thanks for that I'm fairly handy at doing jobs around the house, but with the added safety of the scaffolding I should manage it, I'll be using wood for the S/F to match it with the rest, the scaffolding is coming Thursday or Friday and they said I can have it for 4 weeks which is the standard, so I'll start work on Sat.

It's cheap at half the price. I live in area of Birmingham that got by the Tornado in July. Scaffolding prices have doubled. You'll easy pay £400/500 per side ( i.e 500 for front, 500 for side, 500 for back and another 500 for wing). Time limit 4 weeks

3 storey 1890 town house in Medway..............£1k. :cry: 4 weeks.

Of course £250 is resonable.. Any idea what a decent scaffold contractor pays in insurance? time to load lorry, erect scaffold, drop scaffold etc etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back