Laminate whole area or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice guys....My kitchen and dining area are connected with just a stud wall with an opening separating them , now the whole area is tiled but looking for a change and was planning laminate

Do I laminate the whole area or just the dining and re-tile the kitchen as I now hate the tiles and a few have "popped" and would prefer laminate but now not sure about laminate in both areas

Advice much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Have you not looked at Karndean or amtico.
Better product for kitchens as can take a bit of water and you don't have the expansion of laminate as its glued down. More prep involved though.
Great designs too so you could have wood effect in dinning part and tile effect in kitchen.

A Good quality laminate will be alot easier, quicker, cheaper and faster to fit, it will also be warmer under foot and highly durable and is a diy product, a cheap laminate will not perform anywhere near so well. Karndean or Amtico will be expensive and pro prep & fit with little advantage unless you plan to regularly mop the floor with water or have lots of spillages.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back