Airlock in zone valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!

Hope you can help!?

About 3 or 4 times a day we get a loud humming noise from our zone valve which lasts for about 15 minutes. If you push the control lever along it releases the pressure but it returns more or less straight away, or if you shake the pipes a bit this also does the job.

Has anyone any idea how I could cure this problem? I've tried loosening the nuts either side and below the valve to bleed it, I've tried the mixer tap trick where you force cold water back through the hot water feed by blocking the end of the tap.

But all have failed leaving me with my humming on a daily basis... wouldn't care if it hummed a decent song!!

Please help me before I go insane... or maybe you might be too late... Mauhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Sponsored Links
The hot water system is not connected to your motorised valve in any way, so forcing mains cold up the hot supply will not make any difference.

Why not just change the valve?

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
so it's still under warranty :eek:
Name and Shame that House"builder" do they have helicopters in their tv. ads. :LOL: :LOL: I think you should be "Leaving old Durham Town"Leavin,leavin.leavin :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Wouldn`t catch me N. of Watford.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back