Indesit wd 12 keeps filling!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help,
bloody things driving me mad!!!
Not the pressure switch - tested that and as the valves close off the water supply when I switch off the power, I assume they\\\'re working OK, so why does it keep filling? Can even hear / feel the pressure switch operating, but as the drum begins to turn, the water keeps coming - at least it hasn't overflowed yet, the pump keeps cutting in and bailing it out.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Possibly a faulty relay on the circuit board. Have you tried various programmes, boil wash, rinse, half load etc to see if it always does this?

trace the wires from the presure switch back to the circuit board.
it's possible that the switch is unable to "tell" the board that it's up to wash level. it may even just be a loose plug on the board.
if not take the board ot and lok for blown tracks which you may be able to re-solder.

thanks for the advice gents, will try your suggestions and if no luck, think its time to call a pro. Its just the age old decision of whether it makes more sense to try and repair it, or just buy a new one!
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
if its less than 3-4 yrs old its probably the wash temp probe, its a solid state ntc in the back of the drum you need a multi meter to check it, there is also a similar temp probe on the dryer heater box but even when it does the fault you explain on the drying cycle its the one in the wash tub thats faulty. hope this helps rgds gary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back