Am i paying the right amount for a powerflush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a stelrad ideal classic light weight cast iron boiler RS40 wall mounted balanced flue.

it has been making a noise that sounds like a kettle whistling when the boiler lights up and i have been told that i need a powerflush to get rid of all the limescale and have been quoted £300-350 and will take all day.... is this a good price?
:confused:

please note 9 which is here

Sponsored Links
Yes its a pretty good price but I can't see why a powerflush would help a limescale problem.

That is a typical price but you may get someone to do it a bit cheaper in your area.

However merely power flushing will probably NOT get rid of the problem!

Really the boiler needs to be treated specifically by someone who is experienced with descaling. He will use acid products just in the boiler itself with care.

You could always try tipping a bottle of non acid " system descaler " from a plumbers merchant, NOT a shed, into the headder tank. It will only cost about £16 and might work a little.

Tony Glazier

Fernox boiler silencer........does what it says on the tube.used it before I sold my last house. :LOL: won`t remove the limscale tho

Sponsored Links
totally agree with tony

try some silencer first its has worked for me nearly everytime.

sorry nige just read just read your post and i concur

:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back