Very Noisy Hot Water system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, hopefully someone will be able to help me.

Last year my hot water tank was replaced with a new one, the plumber was doing a number on me, and charging me around £60 a hour, of which most of the day was him spent talking on his mobile at my expense. to cut a long story short he was having problems getting the system going again, i told i will sort paid him nearly a grand for everything and got him out of my house.

the main problem was basically air in the radiators, but i\\\'ve sorted that.

Now the system is getting really bad when the Hot water (not CH) comes on, and there is seriuos banging going on with pipes rattling like crazy, i\\\'ve tried bleading the hot water system, this seems to only have made it worse, it nows sounds as if its going to blow up!

any ideas please, before the system kills someone! :(

Sponsored Links
sound to me like the boiler is over heating,

I am thinking that this is a gravity system as this would explain the fact there is only banging in HW. Have you got water in your Feed and expansion tank? If not it could be that the flow and return from the boiler to the cylinder is not circulating and causing the noises

No chance of getting Hi Ho Silver back is there????

Sponsored Links
If you have got water in the F & E tank open up the motorized valve to manual and see what happen,if that okay try turning down your boiler stat as corgiman said the boiler could be overheating or you could have sludge build-up which restrict the flow causing back pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back