apollo fanfare30/50s

• Thread starter mr cant fix it
  • Start date
M

mr cant fix it

boiler getting very hot making a loud banging and blowing pilot out ive bled all rads bled pump still no joy also pressure creeping up any one out there who can help? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Is the pump working? Is there an airlock? Something is preventing water circulation through boiler.

new pump fitted back end of last summer so shouldnt be that i suspect air in the pipe work as i said bled every thing. would draining the system and fefilling help if so hoe would i go about this or is there another way of getting air out?. cheers

Sponsored Links
What system is it though if you are gravity hot water and pumped heating it may be that this is the first time the pump has been called into operation since you fitted it, or it may be the system is so dirty it has killed the pump already....drop us a few more details.

a new pump was fitted just after xmas last year was was working fine up to summer.. we recently put it on it heats up all rads but then bangs and blows out. the boiler is very hot wen this happens.all rads were fine (no air) except the one in attic which we rarly use bled this till water came out this 1 also gets hot now.there is a dial next to boiler when it gets up to bout1.2 bar the knocking of the pipes starts before boiler blows out. the boiler only controls the cental heating we have another for hot water but the 2 are not conected

What is the reading on the dial when the system is cold?, is there a bypass on the system...possibly a gate valve on a piece of pipe near the pump.

mr cant fix it said:
a new pump was fitted just after xmas last year was was working fine up to summer.. we recently put it on it heats up all rads but then bangs and blows out. the boiler is very hot wen this happens.
How long does it take to get hot, and does it always "blow" out the pilot. I think the apollo has only a high/low stat setting :?: with seperate thermal switches, if the high switch has failed it would go out on overheat and interrupt the pilot.....that's if I have it right about the control stat :confused:

Will it still get so hot with the control switch set to"Low"?

it takes about 20 mins before blowing out. itried on the low setting same result. when cold the dial is giving a reading of 0.8 and blows out between 1.7 and 2.bar :mad:

It now seems its the pump thats cutting out. Water boiling in the boiler causing the bang and blowing out the pilot. Am i right in saying this would happen? Or is it the boiler that should be cutting out when getting to hot.?The pump is a WILO are they cheapos? Should i invest in a new one? What kind? Please help cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back