Drop Kerb 'plan' ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im hoping someone can help me out here im going to build a drive out my front ive had the local highways dept to look at it they've sent me an application where i need to send them (a) £15 (b) A plan copy illustrating the site. Rhondda Cynon Taff if this helps also.

Part a is the easy bit but part b is that something the contractor will be able to do or something i need to sort if so does anyone have any examples of what i need to show in it, ill be doing the driveway myself but a contractor will be doing the dropped kerb part

Thanks James

Sponsored Links
In London it was always the council that dropped the kerd, you pay for it.

thanks my council dont do the work unfortunately, i have a ordnance survey plan in with my deeds and land registry documents ill need to photocopy that then thanks again

Sponsored Links
I think councils have a list of authorised contractors for dropping kerbs these days. I know our local council can do the work, or allow one of their authorised contractors to do it.

Take a screen print from google earth, and mark it up with the layout

If this is not a planning application, then I don't think that the council can insist on an OS map

thanks id already sent a photocopy this afternoon although the letter does say 'a copy of' worst they can do is send it back now, i did ask the guy from the highways and he said just look in the yellow pages and make sure they have public liability insurance.

So fingers crossed now :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back