New kitchen - who is the best?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am in the process of looking for a new kitchen & would be very grateful for any advice on where to buy.

I have heard different stories about different suppliers. Ie bad reviews about B&Q. Really expensive fitting etc.

Also would you suggest a local fitter or go with Ikea, B&q, Wickes,MFI?

Any info would be very much appreciated.

I live in Rainham in Kent.

Sponsored Links
I Bought a kitchen from B&Q in November 2010 and just this week had to take 3 doors back as they had bowed like a banana.
Not a dear kitchen at £2,700 but you would not expect that to happen :?:

Sponsored Links
I looked at B&Q, Wickes, MFI and Ikea when I bought my kitchen a few years ago. I found Ikea were cheapest and had the best range of unit sizes and to my inexpert eye they all looked similar in build quality.

The only two catches with Ikea units is they have zero service gap at the rear for pipes etc, and they're slightly deeper than everyone else's units so if you use non-Ikea worktops you might find they have no front overhang unless you space them off the wall with an upstand or something.

Hi

I am in the process of looking for a new kitchen & would be very grateful for any advice on where to buy.

I have heard different stories about different suppliers. Ie bad reviews about B&Q. Really expensive fitting etc.

Also would you suggest a local fitter or go with Ikea, B&q, Wickes,MFI?

Any info would be very much appreciated.

I live in Rainham in Kent.

B&Q, Ikea etc kitchens are run of the mill stuff for the masses.
If you want something unique with a bespoke design to suit your own ideas then go with a company like this.....
http://greenhillkitchens.co.uk/index.html

Dozens of images in their gallery through their traditional, classic, contemporary and modern kitchen design range.

Lots of one man bands around too who can do some pretty neat stuff.
A lot of them also just pull out your old kitchen and replace it in a similar fashion but with different timber and no inspired design features.
The companies with their full time in house designers are a cut above the rest imo.

I have always found Howdens good. They will replace bits quickly and no fuss. Magnet stuff is good but they never seem to deliver everything and are always a pain to get missing bits replaced. Currently using Gardiner Haskins. The drawback is they are flatpack but the units are good and we've not had any missing parts.

Back