Will a system work partially on gravity with faulty pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know I've had other posts about my system but this is a fairly straight question.

If a pump is slowing down or not working will the CH and DHW either work or partially work as though on a gravity system or would the rads fail to heat at all.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a new pump tomorrow for the noises and performance I've got and don't know how to flow test mine.

All rads heat at top only apart from first 2 now I've opened the lockshields. The rest are wall ornaments.

Sponsored Links
will the CH and DHW either work or partially work as though on a gravity system

In my exp, the hw might a bit if you're lucky, but not the CH beyond the first rad top.
You know they often have a screwdriver slot in the end of the shaft under the screw..... I wonder... electric drill and screwdriver bit...!

Will try a drill and driver bit in it tomorrow and see what happens.

As I said 2 rads are hot and the rest have hot tops only apart from the end 2 which are cold. Can't even open the lockshields any more.

I know 50 quid is 50 quid but think a new pump would be a good thing to try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back