kitchen light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i made a mistake of taken the kitchen light switch off, and not remembering where the wires were to go on the new one. now i have no lights down the stairs at all.....the wires hanging out the kitchen socket are, 2 red and 1 yellow, DOES the yellow go to com and each 1 of the reds in L1 and L2.....i also have a spare switch whitch also has com at the top and 1way and 2way at the bottom, would i wire this up the same way. as i blew a fuse whilst trying this........please help as i have no working lights down stairs....

Sponsored Links
Whoops taking a light switch off in the early morning while its still dark very silly.

The other light switch for this light should help as long as you don't take the wires out of the as well.
Connect the same colours that are connected to L1, L2 to those connections on the new switch.
N.B. L1 L2 are the same as 1way, 2 way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back