zanussi fjs1397w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
everytime a programme is selected, the washer starts to fill for a few seconds then the control knob quickly goes around through the other programmes before finally ending up at position Q.Please help

Sponsored Links
This is the electronics aborting programme for an internal fault. It is possible to interrogate the PCB to find the last recorded fault, aiding the engineer to repair.

This is at the stage where you need an engineer (who has experience of the brand), it could be a simple fault, repairable without parts, only by having a look will the real fault be revealed.

AF

the fault proved to be a loose tacho magnet, which screws into the motor armature, as described by CeaserG on the 8th feb 05, for a zanussi WJS1197W. This must be a pretty common fault across the brand??
Thanks to all who replied, special thanks to CeaserG. Cheers bud..

Sponsored Links
i have the same problem but would like to know where is the tacho magnet, which screws into the motor armature situated.i am familiar with the machine as i have changed to pumps and brushes before.i have diagram,s but does not mention tacho magnet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back