Sanilav electric toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be fitting an electric toilet to my loft conversion, can you tell me what size wiring and regulations i require, its a standard toilet/macerator.

Sponsored Links
depends how much current it draws, which is probably not a lot. what does its manual say?

3833 said:
I will be fitting an electric toilet to my loft conversion, can you tell me what size wiring and regulations i require, its a standard toilet/macerator.

The regulations that you require are BS7671 and the Building Regulations.

What is a standard toilet/macerator?. I have searched and found loads of different ones.

Sponsored Links
This reminds me of a job I did at an Kebab shop a few years ago.

Wired up macerator (fused spur) and all ok.

Got call from kebab shop ' The toilet is not working, there are sh1t all over the floor can you come out' :D

Is the macerator making a whirring noise when you flush it?
Yes was reply.

It's a plumbing problem, not mine- call plumber.

Lovely mental image :eek:

Plumber I worked with recently has fitted loads of macerators. He has become complacent.

Last one he fitted with me on site, whacked it in, ready to test, fluched the toilet, and the sink adjacent turned into a fountain!

He was using this macerator for the sink aswell, and had confused the inlet with the outlet!

Lucky is was just fresh water in a lovelly new toilet.....

I would opt for a 4inch pipe, and s** the macerator ;)

Hi All
After reading ban-all-sheds link ( very very funny) I have been asked to install two of these things in a stud wall for two bathrooms.

Re the above quote, how do I run a 4" pipe from the front of the house to the back soil stack through 8" joists?

Cheers
Bob

I don't understand which bit of your question is the remotest bit electrical related?

Why didn't you start your own thread like the forum rules say you must?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back