cooker switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi having recently installed my hob which works fine. when I switch it off at the switch the light on the switch is still on but very faint and you can only see that it's on in the dark....just wondering why this is.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Have you wired the switch in backwards? (mixed up load and supply?)

no surely then the switching would be round the wrong way...........wouldn't it?

the LED in the switch is very dim and noticable only in the dark. should I try a different switch?

Sponsored Links
If the LED is dim all the time (on and off) then you have wired it up backwards, like i said.

Think about it. the switch is only breaking the contacts, it works exactly the same either way you wire it.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with it being wired like this, but the neon will always be on.

Check the load and supply terminals.

craft 1289 is right if you have connected the applince to the supply terminals and vice versa the NEON light which is on the load terminals would have a constant supply and would not go out whichever position the switch is in......if possible check neon light connections.....or change switch

I'll try changing the switch, if the problem still occurs what should I do? just so you know what the set up is, I'm running a hob via 6mm cable with a 32 Amp breaker.

many thanks for your help i'll come back with the outcome tomorrow.

checked all of the wiring last night, no problems there. as long as it's safe that's the main thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back