"TEST" MESSAGE ON HOTPOINT WD640

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Whenever we turn on our washer dryer it simply flashes up with a "test" message on the LED and doesn't do anything. The drum seems to spin at its leisure but no water enters and no fabric conditioner / washing powder is used either. Does anyone know what this might be?

Sponsored Links
Someone has accidentally pressed some buttons and locked you into test mode.
To get out of it you need to press start, the display should go daft. Press start again and the display should settle down. Now press the on/off button and the start button at the same time and hold them down for a few seconds until the display shows d-end or d-off.
Your machine should now work.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

thank you for this information. i have fixed my washing mashine to get out of test mode

Sponsored Links
tiredengineer";p="286952 said:
Someone has accidentally pressed some buttons and locked you into test mode.
To get out of it you need to press start, the display should go daft. Press start again and the display should settle down. Now press the on/off button and the start button at the same time and hold them down for a few seconds until the display shows d-end or d-off.
Your machine should now work.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

Great - thanks for your help - you have probably saved me a fortune trying to find out whats wrong. Its now working perfectly. THANKS AGAIN

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back