CH failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Hoping someone can offer some advice... :?:

Have a Baxi WM382 boiler which seems to work okay (pilot light is on). Yesterday heard some disturbing clanking noises then realised the radiators were becoming cold. I bleed the pump to start with, then noticed it appeared to be jammed. I have now replaced the Grundos 15-50 pump and it appears to be working. Despite this the heating is not working and now I have noticed the water is not heating either. All pipes to and from the water cylinder are cold. There is still an occasional clanking noise usually along with some gurgling. Could it be as simple as a valve jammed or is it likely to be more involved job?

Any help aprreciated! :)

Sponsored Links
I assume so they were working a couple of days ago and I have not removed any water. Could I have lost water anywhere?

Sponsored Links
Have you found the air bleed/s on the pipework and opened them up to get rid of the air?

Thanks for your responses...

Could an air lock cause both hot water and radiators to stop working?
Are there valves other than the ones on the rads and on the pump itself?
When I referred to jammed valves I was mainly thinking of the 3 position diverter valve near the pump. Could that cause this type of problem? :confused:

1 Bleed one of the upstairs radiators to confirm there is water in the system.
Check you header tank and ball valve.

2 Can you open the 3way valve manually? (honeywell you can) -sometimes you need to do this to let the air through otherwise an air lock before the valve will stop everything. This depends on how your pipes run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back