Puma 80 noisy boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
boiler installed in a property that had been left empty for 6 month. On swithch on it blew the 2amp fuse on the main pcb. Fault traced to the pump and now replaced. Boiler now fires up ok from both hw and ch call but noisy - ticking/clicking sounds and very low hw flow rate. Any ideas or advice welcome - BTW, the heat exchanger was replaced about 9 months ago (or so I\\\'m told) just in case that may help.
Many thanks :(

Sponsored Links
I am going to one this afternoon which British Gas seem to be unable to sort out.

They replaced the pump because the plastic impeller had fallen apart.

Its still noisy so they said it needs power flushing.

The landlord has rather lost faith in them and has asked me to go and give a second opinion.

Tony

Its not relevant to your situation but I will explain what I found for amusement.

On arrival the boiler was working fine after the BG visit yesterday.

The system water was clean and does NOT need a power flush as advised by the BG man.

I concluded the problem yesterday was that the pressure had fallen to zero over the preceeding seven days.

The BG man had not bothered to look for leaks. We did and found THREE of the EIGHT rad valves leaking.

We fixed the leaks and instructed the tenant on repressurising the system as BG had not bothered!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
The Landlord got a result by calling an independent firm after BG had failed to deliver!

The BG fellow was not pushing BG's business because he even advised the Landlord to get someone cheaper to do the power flushing!

Its just that this BG fellow was totally incompetent ! When the pressure had fallen to zero over a week he suggested it should be power flushed at £600 instead of looking for leaks for £15 !!! ( Well actually covered under BG's cover ! )

Apart from Solicitors there cannot be anybody much less competent!

Tony

PS If we had been fraudulent then we could have gone along with the BG advice and power flushed the system for £350, but we are not and it was not necessary!

Agile said:
The Landlord got a result by calling an independent firm after BG had failed to deliver!

I will never understand why some customers do that instead of escalating a job they are unhappy with....more money than sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back