downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed 4 downlighters (low voltage with transformers)in my hall but have not yet connected them to the existing power coming from the ceiling rose. The wires coming from each transformer is blue and brown - how does this connect to the new terminal box that I plan to install? I can see how to wire the terminal box from the ceiling rose but what about the transformer flex? Would apprecaite any help!

Sponsored Links
Brown is Live.

Blue is Neutral.

Did it not come with any instructions?

What sort of "terminal box" have you got?

asuming you have a 4 terminal junction box, you wire it as the ceiling rose is. excepth where the flex for the lamp is that is wher you connect the all the browns and all the blues (repectivly) of your transformers

Sponsored Links
:D

Many thanks for your replies - unfortunatly the instructions with the lights just indicated connecting to the mains power.

I have a six terminal box and will wire as you instructed - otherwise I may have to give in and get an electrician!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back