Downlighter question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am going to install some 12v downlighters with individual transformers into a toilet downstairs and wondered whether I could run them directly from a 4 terminal junction box fed from the hallway ceiling rose or whether I should install a 3amp FCU before wiring into the junction box?

Sponsored Links
I did not think that they would need to go via a 3Amp FCU but read somewhere that this is what was required for downlighters? Do they need an FCU at all?

Thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
Standard lighting circuit with 5Amp breaker. Eight lights only on circuit (including the ones to be fitted) so should not overload it?

Standard lighting circuit with 5Amp breaker. Eight lights only on circuit (including the ones to be fitted) so should not overload it?

Perfectly adequate, no need to fuse down just take off lighting circuit as you were going to.

Just noticed its in a bathroom so you will need to notify as its classed as a special location also downlighters will need to be ip rated if anywhere near water splash.

Is a downstairs toilet with just a toilet and handbasin classed as a special location? Appreciate your advice on the IP rating. Thanks

Meant to say I appreciated your advice on the IP rating, they are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back