Zannussi fs1555w not working after power failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a power failure today. After power cut machine did not work so replaced plug fuse, machine gives five beeps then pause then four beeps from then on. Manual suggests four beeps that the door is not closed but it is. Any comment? :cry:

Sponsored Links
I have spoken to 3 independent engineers now, who have all said the same, that it could be a number of problems all serious and expensive including a fried board. They all suggest getting in touch with Zanussi, posted an e-mail but as I expected no response. I would have thought the machine would have been better protected than this. So this is another manufacturer on my NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN. Going to order a Miele..should learn my lesson..you get what you pay for

I thought i was alone on this one! I also have this problem and have only had the machine for 18 months and it is broken thought at first to be the door lock but now engineer says it looks more like the board. After reading the above post I then realised that I have also had a power cut the day before I noticed there was a problem with the machine.

I would like anyone That could help me to find the part that is needed to fix and what help electrolux zanussi may offer.

many thanks

Regards Jono

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply breezer but that kind of like did not help me much as timeshock suggest buying a miele and that it just out of my price range lol.

Regards Jono

well buy another that is within your price range.

my whole point is that timeshock! posted last year and only made 2 posts, so probabilty of a reply from timeshock! is slim to nil, and the ony advice timeshock! can give is by another m/c but not that brand

lol

any advice on what brand and what models then around the 200 to 500 mark

cheers Regards Jono

hp, but then i would say that, i used to work for them

when mine gave up (no longer working for hp) it was cheaper to buy a new one (hp of course)

Search the Internet, you may be able to find a Miele around the £500 mark.
Others to consider would be ISE, (5 year parts and labour warranty) a search on google for ISE appliances should find them for you, Siemens (when they have their 5 year warranty deal on).

Cheap machines worth considering, John Lewis own brand, 3 year warranty.

Not recommended.
Hotpoint, Creda, Indesit and Ariston are all from Indesit.
Hoover and Candy, both are from Candy.
AEG, Zanussi, Electrolux, Tricity Bendix, all the same from Electrolux group.

Had same problem with a Zannusi washer, had the engineer in, took it away, board frazzeled, seems to me like a common fault, you would think they would have put a fusible link in to stop that sort of thing.
To me it seems that it is a design fault, and would suggest that anyone who has one of these, puts it on a power surge plug to stop this sort of thing happening. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back