Problem Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently taken off a radiator, so I could decorate behind it.
When I rehung it and switched on the heating 2 downstairs radiators are not working, the one I rehung is working. I've tried bleeding the 2 problem radiators and they are full of water.
Any sugestions?

Sponsored Links
Probably an airlock in the pipework. Try turning off all the radiators and then turn on each radiator one at a time by opening up both radiator valves fully. Make sure the circulating pump is running (at highest speed if has a selector switch) - you may need to switch on the boiler to get the pump running. If you have motorised zone control valves for the heating circuit(s) make sure they are all open. The pump should force the air along the pipework where it will collect in the rads or make its way out of the AAV (the cap is open isn't it?) Bleed the rads again, reset the balance valves on each rad to where you found them and you should be in business. If you have an indirecty heated hot water tank it may help if you temporarily close the valve supplying the coil (this will increase the flow in the heating circuit) while you are doing this. Put the valve back where you found it when you are finished - it may be used to balance the heating/waterheating flowrates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back