Zanussi WJS 1265 melted drum!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My zanussi WJS 1265 dumped water on the floor, during a cycle. It appears an underwire from the clothes had fallen onto the heating element. There is now a 2cm hole melted in the drum adjacent to the heater element, although the element itself doesnt look too bad (perhaps the wire conducted the heat to the plastic).

Any suggestions for fixing or is it not worth trying?!

Kevin
May 2006

Sponsored Links
I think your diagnosis is probably correct. It is very common for bra wires to dislodge and find their way from the inner tub to the outer. At best you would here a scraping noise as the wire scraped the outer tub and at worst as in your case it can puncture the outer plastic tub. Unfortunatley it is going to require a complete tub replacement.

Thanks for the reply. Didn`t seem the sort of thing that would be up for `patching`!

Any ideas on where a tub can be sourced? Is it going to cost too much to be worth the time and effort?

although i agree with tockworth, he didnt say that it is not really a diy job, either get aseveral quotes for new one fitted, or scrap the m/c

I once had to scrap one that a table knife had ripped a big hole in, but at the time i was a HP engineer, and the customer had m/c insurance

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the thoughts Guys. I`ll have a think about it. The machine has been replaced and is sitting in storage. Maybe sell for spares.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back