porcelain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am about to lay porcelain tiles (30x60cm) onto concrete flooring. Is there a difference in how i go about laying them as opposed to ceramic tiles?

Sponsored Links
tidytiler said:
am about to lay porcelain tiles (30x60cm) onto concrete flooring. Is there a difference in how i go about laying them as opposed to ceramic tiles?

will use a flexible adhesive....or 2 part. should i use a latex screed on the floor first?

how about setting out?

Why do you need flexible if its onto concrete? Normal rapidset will do Though I would probably go for BAl Motobond as they are quite large format.

You should only need to self level if the floor is very rough or uneven.

Setting out depends on shape of room, direction tiles will mostly be viewed from and if you are going to keep them all alighned or lay them brick bond.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Jasonb
concrete is a different substrate an can be hard to work on most lads get it levelled over if not 100% Level
hope this helps ;)

Jasonb said:
Why do you need flexible if its onto concrete? Normal rapidset will do Though I would probably go for BAl Motobond as they are quite large format.

You should only need to self level if the floor is very rough or uneven.

Setting out depends on shape of room, direction tiles will mostly be viewed from and if you are going to keep them all alighned or lay them brick bond.

Jason

Spot on Jasonb......................... :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back