noisy boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an excalibur combi-boiler which has been in now for two years. When the central heaters are turned on the boiler makes a loud banging noise, if you turn on the filling loop the noise goes away. Any help would be greatly received. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I dont recognise your make/model ! What can you tell me about it such as the name of the manufacturer/suppliers/agents?

I wonder if water is pouring out of your pressure relief vent ( outside? ) and when you think the filling loop is closed its really open?

Whats the pressure shown on the gauge? It should be about 1.5 Bar.

Tony

the boiler pressure gauge has never worked from day one, and i have been trying to find the guy who fitted it but i bought the house from the council who had it fitted. the overflow does run but not all the time. not much help i'm afraid

OK then, if you disconnect the filling loop as you are supposed to do under the water regulations, you will be able to confirm that its off when you think it is ( or not ! ).

I would ask why you operate a boiler with such an important part as the pressure gauge not working? Do you run your car without the speedo working?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have disconnected the pipe so no water is going into the system. Still noisy when heating is on. The pressure gauge has been replaced put still does not work, the council said that it was o.k.

It may be "noisy" because of air in the system perhaps because the AAV is not working.

Councils are obscessed with the minimum costs without considering the quality of the service they receive. Any pressure guage which is not showing the system pressure is clearly not working!

I would still love the know what your boiler really is !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back