hotpoint first edition 1000 wmp52 trouble with it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
its my first time sending to the forum hope i do it right,any way its about my washing machine the drum wont turn around what so ever, got a fella out to check it for me he put new brushes in it ,last about a month same problem has happened again drum wont turn, i checked the belt its fine.When i turn the washin machine on the water runs in the water runs out its going through the programme but the drum wont turn,i wish i watched him putting the new brushes in so i can check it myself incase one the brushes came loose r something, havent got a clueeee r to get to them.Hope ive explained this for whoever reads this.Irene from Belfast :) [/i]

Sponsored Links
Yes you would have to inspect the brushes again it is unlikely the have become loose but there is a possibility they are worn down again if this is the case after this short time then it will require a new motor.

your brushes may have melted holder therefore keeping the carbon off the comm.if so this will indicate a pump fault

Sponsored Links
:?: so im sure if its the motor then im probably better off buying another.When i need to reply back to someone that answers me have i done this right click on Post a reply.thanks anyway for takin time out and replyin back.cheerssss Irene from belfast

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back