blocked toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
Terraced house, downstairs toilet. Toilet partially blocked. Manhole is empty. Used 2 bottles of ONE SHOT but still the same. Went to B&Q to see if they had a sort of snake to push down the soil pipe but the only one they have seems to be more appropriate 4 sinks rather than toilet as it looks too bendy and if the blockage is at the far end of soil pipe it won't be strong enough to remove it. In the morning the water goes down well but after 2 or 3 flushes the water takes a bit more time to eliminate and as a result i have to flush the loo twice. What can i use and where can i buy it? Thank u.

Sponsored Links
dotto said:
In the morning the water goes down well but after 2 or 3 flushes the water takes a bit more time to eliminate and as a result i have to flush the loo twice. What can i use and where can i buy it? Thank u.
Okay try this test first, pour a bucket of water down the pan, if the water goes down well then you may have a problem on the flushing side such as a split diaphragm

masona said:
dotto said:
In the morning the water goes down well but after 2 or 3 flushes the water takes a bit more time to eliminate and as a result i have to flush the loo twice. What can i use and where can i buy it? Thank u.
Okay try this test first, pour a bucket of water down the pan, if the water goes down well then you may have a problem on the flushing side such as a split diaphragm
I had already done that but the water takes time to go down that's why i think it is a blockage down the soil pipe

Maybe something is lodged in the toilet U-bend, see if you can feel anything with a rubber glove on! Sometime a mirror help on the bend. I don't know the layout of your soil pipe, is it possible to gently tap it with a rubber mallet while water flushing though? Although there're stronger chemicals to shift it but wait for the plumber on here what to recommend.

Sponsored Links
Did you use to have a toilet duck (freshner) around the toilet rim. Seen them wedge into the U bend before..Good luck :D

poxi said:
Did you use to have a toilet duck (freshner) around the toilet rim. Seen them wedge into the U bend before..Good luck :D
Thank u very much 4 your help, guys. Problem sorted. I managed to find a sort of stronger snake with a spear head. I pushed it down the toilet 4 about three meters and managed to remove the blockage. Thank u 4 your time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back