help required with shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,
I have a shower in my upstairs bathroom that is about as effective as someone standing over me spitting!
I have a hot water tank in the attic (+ emersion heater) which is at least 1 metre higher than the shower, should I have a booster pump fitted to improve the water pressure or what?
...Linda

Sponsored Links
Hi Linda, great "handle"!

What kind of shower head does it have? Is it one of the plastic jobbies on the end of a flexible pipe? Are you sure the holes aren't blocked? If so a new one might make a difference. With 1m of head there's probably enough pressure to fill a decent old-fashioned metal rose but it would need some pipework alterations to fit this.

Otherwise, yes, a pump will help but if you're going to spend that much lolly why not consider revamping the entire shower?

thanks Rigid,

The upstairs water pressure is awful!

I have tried a new hose and shower head with variable flow patterns, and now the drips come out in pretty patterns but it's still pants! I'd love a power shower but will it work on low water pressure?
...Linda xx

Sponsored Links
Er... I'm only an amateur but I think a pro would answer that that depends on whether the tanks and pipework are capable of delivering the water demanded by the pump, even on its lowest setting.

I think you need to find a plumber!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back