TWO PUMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Large house one new section does not heat up. Masses of heat at flow but although no air in system return and rads never get hot. balancing did not help. Can I put in a second pump for this circuit wired to the CH Valve? Help.

Sponsored Links
Do you get flow in it if you shut the rest?
What's the boiler output?

Is return blocked (very likely on old system) take off a small rad & empty it if water is black system may be sludging up

System not sludged up or blocked. If rest of system blocked off it will flow. Flow just too week if all system is on. Boiler output 105,000. 20 rooms in house so some distances involved.

Sponsored Links
More pumping sounds reasonable then. Cheapest option is probably to put 2 pumps in parallel, switched on by different zone valves. Sounds too many rooms to have on one zone.
There are more sophisticated ways which would cost more to install but be more efficient.
Consider Grundfos Alpha.

Thanks. Is there any reason why I cant put the second pump into the zone, which is not separated from the main circuit, by connecting it to the heating valve. Putting in an additional zone valve would not be too easy. There is no reason to have seperate zones. Des

just a thought, what about a bigger pump? and is the speed of the current pump on 3?

do bear in mind i am not a plumber or heating engineer, which is why i said just a thought

Economist, part qualified accountant, specially trained children's nurse (HND level), child protection qualified to degree level, teahcer qualified to degree level, corgi registered, unvented certificate part P qualified, water regulations trained, energy efficiency certificate, qualified in Natural gas and LPG, but more iimportantly **** hot at everything I ever do.

Forgot about top rider (despatch)at A-Z city office for 7 years.

Successful husband since 1980, father of two lovely children.

World renowned designer and scratch builder of valve amplifiers.

Ive got my 10metres swimming badge.What about you Paul? ;)

Great CV.
Hope I did not offend you but there are so many idiots about.
Do not be too upset about the swimming badge, your welcome here anytime to practice.
Thanks again.
des

Can I sell you a groundsource heatpump for your swimming pool, would probably pay back in about 50 years?

Paul could you please do my books cos when you tell me i have to pay tax and i start to bash my head against the wall you'll also be able to treat me.No stereo typing intended. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back