Servowarm Supreme Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
How do I balance the master radiator on the above system? This is the radiator that is front of the boiler, on this system.

Thanks!
Shirley.

Sponsored Links
Er... you dont!

You balance the rest !

It would also be a good idea to start saving up for a new boiler! Thats getting pretty old and if anyone swung the hinged rad outwards to service the boiler the seals would probably start to leak!

Tony

whoa I aint seen one of them for nigh on ten years

thought they had all been shot

as tony says get rid NOW

Make that 20 years ..............and the flower pot on the wall for a feed cistern 25 years .............I was allowed to touch them back then pre CORGI :LOL: ........they should be in the Weald+ Downland museum @ Singleton

Sponsored Links
Nige F said:
Make that 20 years ..............and the flower pot on the wall for a feed cistern 25 years .............I was allowed to touch them back then pre CORGI :LOL: ........they should be in the Weald+ Downland museum @ Singleton

:LOL: :cry: :LOL: :LOL:

i remeber as a newly qualified person going to one and asking the client where his boiler was ( i was meant to service it) and he kept pointing to the rad, I thought he was mad

:):):):):):):):):)

How do I balance the master radiator on the above system? This is the radiator that is front of the boiler, on this system.

Balance it on the edge of the skip just before you slide it in...

ChrisR said:

Balance it on the edge of the skip just before you slide it in...

:LOL:

Brilliant

and cracking advice

They were simple cheap and very reliable and inefficient! A full system for £999.

There are still a few left in use! Probably not many though!

Only rather annoying is they dont make the spare parts available in the open market.

As a matter of interest how do BG get spare parts for this model?

Tony

:oops:

Now now, no need to be rude.... :) I did enjoy reading your comments though, lol!

Thanks - actually the system works fine and I certainly don't have the money for a new one now!!!

Shirley.

I expect you probably do really have the money but just dont want to spend it!

However do take my advice seriously about saving up because if your system fails it will be most likely that it CANNOT be repaired !

Tony

Homeserve (formaly Servowarm) may come out and fix it but they cost a fortune for their callouts and a tight landlord I know still had a leaking system that didn't work properly despite two service visits from them.

Of course I wouln'd touch it with a bargepole along with most other competent boiler repairers. :)

Try British gas we have the same system as yours and they have just repaired it on the homecover 200 package cost £28 per year for 12 months unlimited parts & labour cover just give them a call cheaper than anyone else who normally charge £40 to £80 just to come out of the van

REALLY??????????????????

Blimey charlie are you sure you have got a SUPRIMA rather than a SUPREME??

any hoo this post is two years old so I hope they have had it sorted by now

:)

Try British gas we have the same system as yours and they have just repaired it on the homecover 200 package cost £28 per year for 12 months unlimited parts & labour cover just give them a call cheaper than anyone else who normally charge £40 to £80 just to come out of the van

I am sorry to doubt you but I just cannot believe that you get full cover for only £28 per full year!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back