Ferolli Boiler

oko

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, i have a ferolli optima. the problem is it is giving me constant hot water, but the Central Heating is only luke warm. It comes on for a few minutes and switches off. I would be appreciate any assitance.

Sponsored Links
oko said:
Hi Guys, i have a ferolli optima. the problem is it is giving me constant hot water, but the Central Heating is only luke warm. It comes on for a few minutes and switches off. I would be appreciate any assitance.

It has been happening for the last few days. i had a guy out who seems to think it may be the PCB or diverter valve, not sure which. Central heating keeps going on and off. He does not seem to think it is the thermostat, has also turned the pump up to 3.

Sorry guys maybe I need to be clearer. The boiler is a ferroli optima combi, 77cf/ff. Working fine till a couple of days ago. It just stopped, called engineer out who appeared to clean near the burner, bled radiator and bolier came on. Engineer left and 2 hours later, heating off, hot water fine. Currently hot water contiues OK, but bolier keeps going on/off every few minutes. The radiators warm, but then boiler goes off not giving the house a chance to warm up. I am not sure what next port of call should be. i had the engineer back out who now suggests a faulty Dv or PCB unit. Please help :(

Sponsored Links
Not sure of the way this boiler works .... but when it switches off "erroneously", does the heating flow pipe feel very very hot (as it would if it was overheating)?

Hi thanks for reply, and no heating flow pipe does not feel very hot, when heating goes off.

I am having exactly the same problem with a ferroli optima 701. Hot water great, but CH only intermittent. Sometimes works fine but sometimes when calling CH, boiler only fires briefly then may not fire again for some time, reverting back to 'waiting time'. I've had two rad disconnected for building work, when i replaced CH worked much better (this may just be coincidence or is it a bleeding problem) but now seems to be intermittent again though slightly better.
Any help would be much appreciated.

hi did you find out what this problem is?? my optima 701 is doing the same thing.

Get the 'engineer' to return your money. The boiler (I am sure) has no diverter valve. I am home now and email will be in your inboix. Reply and we will move forward.

My Optima 701 is having the same problems as all of yours guys. Hot water is fine but CH comes on here and there... this morning it has not been on (1:30pm now). its so frustrating with the cold in the house. it has been like this for sometime now. i think they have a faulty design these things (Optime 701). I want to think (for me) the problem could be with the little program timer which is not very user friendly. :cry: I would appreciate to hear from someone with the manual of an Optima 701. Any other help will be welcome.

dan75 said:
I am having exactly the same problem with a ferroli optima 701. Hot water great, but CH only intermittent. Sometimes works fine but sometimes when calling CH, boiler only fires briefly then may not fire again for some time, reverting back to 'waiting time'. I've had two rad disconnected for building work, when i replaced CH worked much better (this may just be coincidence or is it a bleeding problem) but now seems to be intermittent again though slightly better.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Dear Oko, Dan 75, Ali40 and Foxtrot,
I've also been having the same problem with Optima 701 CH. The solution may be poor connection on the thermostat. There are two; one for DHW (green connector/blue wire) and one for CH (green connector/red wire - part BF306).
Isolate the electric and remove the the front and LHS panels. The thermocouples are the ports in the copper pipes at the back on the LHS (they are fairly obvious) and unplug the thermostat, clean the connectors and plug back in. If no joy try swapping the thermocouples over. If your CH then works and the DHW doesn't you know the thermocouple is shot. This worked for mine in the last hour - good luck!!!

I'll try your solution... definately b4 next sunday. thanks

I know the modena has this problem and the solution is to replace the electrodes and leads.....maybe someone else can confirm this problem extends to the optima aswell

:eek: well i seem to have the opposite to all you guys , heating is fine but hot water not very warm !!! recently had a new circuit board and fan fitted and since the water has been brrrrrr , could it be a faulty part or is it just a simple adjustment i need to make , i thought it was the water flow but its not so im stuck what can i do i want a hot bath , any ideas???

Never fails to amaze me that people will go out and spend good money to buy parts for their boiler AND still not cure the defect, but will not call in an engineer to carry out the repair (for perhaps less £o££y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back