working pressure at boiler

Kevplumb

I've just seen your replys to 'adding inhibitor', so I am guessing that you want my email to advise me not to give any trade secrets away (and i totally agree), i've always wondered if there was an unwritten code of practice for the experts on here. As you say 'doing 'us' out of a job' is rife on here - i dont care as i'm learning but it does seem that the people in the trade maybe being too helpful to the DIYers.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
e m ail me fella ;)

what a guy my pappy is, looking after the less fortunate

ooops was going to say how to check the min then!!!

dont it wrong again dad!!!!!!!!!!!!

bster said:
It just tells you how to adjust the rate (small nut and disconnect one of the modulation wires - though when the wire was disconnected the boiler would not fire).

If the burner goes off when the mod wire is disconnected then the minimum gas setting has not been adjusted properly.

Thats a very common fault which causes erratic lockouts.

I am slightly disappointed that you did not realise that and set about readjusting it.

Dont expect anyone you are working with to know more that you do! Its not difficult to keep one step ahead.

If the inlet gas is dropping to 18 mB then you should have measured the pressure at the meter outlet.

Even if the pressure drop on the pipe is only 1 mb or less the regulator may be faulty. Generally expect 1 mB misregulation between 10% and 100% load.

The regulator problems are so bad that when fitting a 30 kW + boiler its usually necessary to get the regulator changed by Transco NG

Tony

Agile -

I did check working pressure at meter it was 20mb so zero drop to boiler :D .

the boiler definetly would not fire with mod wire disconnected.

the boiler was set to 14.5mb at max (should have been 13.4mb) this was adjusted to the stated 13.4mb

the min pressure was a bit of a prob but managed to get 2mb (MI - 1.8mb min) on initial burner ignition for DHW with both mod wires connected (I'm guessing this is wrong).

no a genuine 2 mb should be ok, but a U guage isnt as acurate down to the 0.5mbs, so its possible that too lower pressure wouldnt be enough to stay alight, common problem when the boiler trys to modulate but goes out intead

rob -

I agree that 2mb can be regarded as 1.8mb but this was obtained with both modulation wires connected.
Will this be allright or could the gas valve have been moding up to 2mb when infact it could mod abit lower giving a true min rate of less than the stated 1.8/2mb, or are the mod wires more critical when adjusting max burner pressure?

and is the DHW burner ignition a viable way of setting min rate anyway,
a simple yes or no will suffice.

rob884 said:
no a genuine 2 mb should be ok, but a U guage isnt as acurate down to the 0.5mbs, so its possible that too lower pressure wouldnt be enough to stay alight, common problem when the boiler trys to modulate but goes out intead

WHAT friking planet are you on bonny lad if yer cant read 1/2 a mill on yer guage either change the gauge or yor glasses

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back