BETA condensing boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been thinking of replacing my bolier with a condensing one.

In B&Q today I saw 80,000 btu condensing boilers for £399 which I thought was quite cheap. However I didn't recognise the name of the manufacturer so i thought I'd post on here to see if any one had any experience with these boilers.

Howeve having got home I can't remeber the name, but I think it was BETA something, maybe BETA HOME.

Can't see any references on the internet to these.

Anyone know anything about them?

Sponsored Links
was it BIASI? and a boiler like most things is usually cheap for a reason - its unreliable and generally pap.

Bster is only an apprentice and evidently knows nothing about Biasi boilers!

Like most boilers they are very reliable but only if they are properly installed on a clean system. The problem is the unregistered buy them and fit them badly and then think its the boiler's fault if it does not work.

I dont even think that it was a Biasi at that price unless it was a special offer. More likely to have been a Heatline VIZO ???

The Heatline is a budget boiler made in Turkey from standard components including a Grunfos pump and you cannot get better than that can you?

Tony

Like most boilers they are very reliable but only if they are properly installed on a clean system. The problem is the unregistered buy them and fit them badly
jheezus gerr of yet oss mr glazier you arr right tho ;)

Sponsored Links
I recently saw a Heatline non condensing which had been removed after three years!

Thats not because its no good but because the property Owner only uses totally incompetent people to do their repairs and they had no idea!

The £399 Vizo is a Band B boiler which is a hybrid using tried and tested techniques and a secondary heat exchanger to provide the condensing feature.

Its a very simple boiler and pretty insensitive to gas supply problems and lack of proper installation or servicing.

I am TOLD that the secondary heat exchanger is stainless steel INSIDE although its aluminium or an aluminium alloy on the outside casing. I have NOT inspected the inside yet so I cannot confirm this for the moment!

If you must buy a cheaper boiler then as long as its properly installed on a power flushed system it is likely to be quite reliable. Consider that the Biasi M96 Band B which is another £100 or so is much better known and more engineers will be familiar with it for the next five years, the heatlines have only been imported for four years!

Tony

fitz1 said:
i think ideal is now owned by biasi.or vice versa.

Whilst I can sometimes be wrong, I dont think either statement is true.

For many years Biasi ( Savio Caldarie ) have supplied their boilers to be rebadged as Ideal models. e.g. Ideal 80 FF, Mini C24, Mini 24 HE etc.

But that is just the same as Alpha who make many of the Baxi/Potterton range of Performa/Baxi 80 etc.

Tony

im not sure either. when i noticed a biasi one day was the same as an ideal a week later , i asked an engineer did ideal own biasi and he replied it was the other way round.

I am TOLD that the secondary heat exchanger is stainless steel INSIDE although its alloy on the outside casing.
Stainless (or any other) steel is an alloy. Aluminium isn't :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back