Vokera Linea 24 Pressure Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just checked my boiler and the pressure is just above 0 i tried to fill it with the filling loop but it seems the water is not flowing it did sound as if it was filling but the gauge didn't move, i have filled it before as it seems to need filling every 4 months or so
any suggestions? or should i call an engineeer
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It's a black lever on the right side underneath, which has three positions, did you turn it the full 180 degrees?

If not that, did you try tapping the guage?

The connection to the heating system on the left of the built in flexible hose often gets blocked as it joins the heating system.

Bit wet and messy to fix.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Once you have sorted out the filling loop/tap, then it would seem you have a small..very small leak if the pressure goes every four months.

You are unlikely to find such a small leak, so I'd inject a tube of Fernox leak sealant through an empty rad, then run it for an hour or so. It will not harm the system, and will probably cure the leak. Don't forget some Sentinel x100 (or Fernox equivalent) anti corrosion liquid in the system when you refill.

Alfredo

I have a similar problem

I put in the leak sealer, and it worked for a while. Then it started leaking again

the leak got worse

It now loses pressure very quickly, from 1.5bar to 0.5 in a day or so

BUT.. I cannot find any leaks, I have checked all the pipework

how to solve? Can the boiler leak internally, and what happens to the water leaking?

Dr Andy, your case is quite different. To start with put a recepticle under the prv outlet and report back tomorrow.

Paul Barker said:
Dr Andy, your case is quite different. To start with put a recepticle under the prv outlet and report back tomorrow.

I do not know wharere the PRV outlet is, sorry

this is a Vokera Linea 24 boiler fitted in a bathroom cupboard

where does the PRV come from so I can trace the pipe end?

thanks

OK there are 6 pipes

from the left 2x 22mm pipes presumably the hot water heating in/out

a 15mm pipe leading to a 10mm pipe with a red cap, possibly the prv

a 15 mm with a yellow tap, probably the gas i/p

a 15mm which gets hot when the water is run= hot water

a 15mm pipe with the filling loop, which is the cold water i/p

the red cap is not leaking, there would be a mess all over my towels!

??

thanks Paul

but the boiler is on an internal wall, the pipes go down under the bathroom floor

I will try to see if I can see where they go, maybe just into the ground

would it be OK to undo the fitting at the boiler for the prv pipe?

presumably the one with the red cap and 10mm outlet?

then can see if water coming out from there?

Yes that's the one - don't turn the red cap, because once opened they tend to leak.
If you can get at it to undo the outlet (the one out of the side of the fitting)you might see if it's wet in there.
As Paul says it will go outside somewhere, unless someone's plumbed it into a drain or something daft!

yes, I can undo the outlet pipe

the drain pipe goes down into the foundations, totally out of reach to check

thanks Chris

OK I undid the pipe and it was totally dry

after a couple of hours, the pressure had dropped about 0.2bar, and still no water

so what next please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back