LINEA BOILER WONT RE-PRESSURIZE

Make sure 'A' is spun round 180 degree's soo that you can read boiler, else you will be in for a soaking!

Drain boiler, then feel free to fiddle!

Sponsored Links
Ok- i understand that i need to turn the filling loop back to the normal position. if i undo pipe B will this drain the boiler? is the aim here to clear the bronze valve C so that i can get the water flowing again?

sort of.

1.... turn black lever back up to 12 o'clock
2.... drain down heating system
3.... remove chrome flexi filling pipe
4.... remove valve complete with non return valve (the one which your letter C is connected to)
undo the non return valve where it joins the main valve and clean or replace
5.... refit, cross your fingers and test

if it was mine i would replace rather than clean. while the system is drained you may as well have the job done right.
will work if you unblock but how long for is a gamble.

There are two types of non return valves. Ring Vokera with the serial No of the boiler and they will tell you which one you need.

Sponsored Links
OK, i think i've nearly got it.
I've never drained a boiler-- do i switch the gas cock off and have to drain all the radiators??

... also my boiler isn't igniting constantly when a hot tap is running... and the water only gets tepid... is this a result of the low pressure or something else..? anyone??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back