The water coming from the shower, not as hot like other taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Just moved into a 1930's house. Noticed that the shower (thermostatic) has full water pressure/power, but appears that the water coming from it is luke warm when the lever is turned all the way to the hot position.
The hot water tap beneath it and throughout the house are all boiling hot. Even the radiators are hot when the heating is on.

Additional info: The boiler is ON and called, "BAXI". All lights for "Boiler", "Fan", "Pilot" and "Burner" are all ON and the thermostat control knob is set to the third (middle) bar. I have tried turning this thermostat knob to it's highest (maximum) point. As a result, the shower was slightly hotter but not hot, and I found that the hot water taps throughout the house were scalding HOT!!! So, I turned the thermostat knob back to it's original (middle) position on he boiler.

There is another unit next to the boiler, in the airing cupboard called, GRUNDFOS SELECTRIC, which is set to level 2.

Please can you help?

Thanks,

M

Sponsored Links
A thermostatic mixer should adjust a bit hotter than anyone would want for a shower.
Your cartridge has either packed up - they don't last forever, or needs adjusting to get it back into range.
They're all different and cheap ones don't adjust at all. You won't get a cartridge for the cheaper ones either. Look around the retailers to see if you can identify the make.

Hi Chris R, Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately I have't got a clue about DIY skills to change a cartridge of a thermostatic shower unit. Thanks anyway.

Sponsored Links
Anyone got any advice on how to check / change a cartridge in a thermostatic shower unit? When I say 'advice'...I mean for a DIY virgin. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back