Who supplies Wickes with their Kitchens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

about to undertake a kitchen refurb due to a crap builder (house is only 2 years old :cry: ) and abysmal NHBC!!!!

I will give the builder his due, the cabinets in the kitchen are quite solid but the way he has fitted them is poor (they are actually Dewsons Premier Gold) with blocking light into the kitchen from a small window etc..

So - here is what I am planning to do

1. Replace the doors on the kitchen carcases to something lighter.
2. Replace all the wall cabinets with units from the same range as doors used above - OR - replace/remove cabinets that are blocking the light and get a replacement door company to make us some new doors for the whole lot.

I have had a look about, and Wickes are the same height doors as what we have, and I really like the look - however, they will not supply doors on their own.

I know that Wickes will not produce these themselves and was wondering if anybody knows who does (for example - bernstiens in Bolton used to supply all B&Q's kitchen) so I could see about ordering direct.

Thanks in advance for any responses

Lawrenso

Sponsored Links
Hi,
i was in the same boat as you, but found kutchen haus for a kitchen in manchester, and got one of their kitchens. A mate of mine had one, and it was a lot less money and higher quality that I expected, so I can definately recommend kutchenhaus in Manchester (but they will install anywhere). http://www.kutchenhaus.co.uk

Sponsored Links
I work for the company who supply b&q with all their carcass`s they dont take direct orders.I think all b&q doors are supplied from abroad.I expect it depends on how much you want to spend.

I know the OP was from October last year but, in case anyone else has the same problem ... I think it's Gower that supplies Wickes kitchens. They may supply special ranges to such a big customer though, different to their other outlets.

B&Q will supply just doors now; they've started selling the carcasses and doors separately.

Don't know where you are based but we use a chap in Sheffield for all kitchens , top quality and cheap . ..............

I believe that BGH supply some of the Wickes kitchens.

They certainly supply the kitchens to Travis Perkins, of which Wickes are a part of.

I've just bought a basic rigid kitchen from them through ScewFix and seems a dam sight better quality than the Ikea and MFI alternatives I looked at.

Adam

a long while sing anyone posted but still - a definate answer for anyone interested. It would have certainly helped me when i was trying to find out!

Wickes kitchen are EXACTLY the same as Benchmarx kitchens who are both part of the Travis Perkins group. Benchmarx are Trade only but either your kitchen fitter (or you if you smile nicely and know what you are talking about) can buy from them. They are MUCH cheaper than Wickes for exactly the same product, even cheaper than Wickes at 50% off and another 15% of that!

A very big added bonus is that the carcasses come built from Benchmarx - flat packed from Wickes. I've read elsewhere that Benchmarx charge for delivery. I don't know if that used to be the case but not now.

Where do they ultimately come from? - I believe Gower kitchens - but order their catalogue and the kitchens are not the same.

So - want a Wickes quality kitchen without the price go to Benchmarx. (i am not an employee either!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back