noisy washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anybody help me, I have a servis washer machine about a year and half old now. Today it has decided that it's not going to wash, I shut the door, turn to cycle and press the on button you can hear it click into action but then makes a really loud grinding noise and goes no further, this happens on every cycle, it's sounds like something has got stuck. Please help.x.x

Sponsored Links
It sounds very much like the bearings have collapsed and one of the water seals will have failed earlier. These machines are notorious for it and can be caused from prolonged overloading of the machine. Most machines are only 5Kg, which is less than three bags of sugar. Simple test, open the door, firstly can you turn the inner drum with your hand and secondly try moving the inner drum up and down, if there is any movement or you hear a clunking sound when moving the drum, then it’s the bearings.

Hi, Thankyou for your reply I have done the test and i can move the drum around and up and down but no clucking, Can I get the bearings and can I fix it (hubby fix it).?

I would say don't bother. I did my last washer and if you don't get the bearing bang on, with no damage, then it will leak, hence water damage in the said bearings, then, a repeat of the same thing within 3 months, but, i am not a washer engineer but dont have trouble replacing any bearings on a car, there again, a car is a totally different thing, but i think you get the idea.

Sponsored Links
Does this grinding noise occur before the drum turns?
If it does then there's something in the pump or the pump needs replacing.
Having said that, there may be another problem as it should still fill with water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back