Spray painting rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A mate of mine is spray painting his rads with car paint (coach paint i think) the rads are off the walls at the moment and i must say they look realllllllly good, will the paint not crack and split once they are back in use? he recons that the paint is very elastic and it should work a treat, i can see his logic but im not sure, what do you fellas think and has anybody else tried it with what results etc
many thanks

Sponsored Links
If it really is Coach Paint (which is rather old fashioned, I have used it), it gives quite a thick, glossy coat, not as hard as cellulose or synthetic. I don't know how it will react to heat. Some paints soften, and dust sticks to them; some crack; some change colour.

He might do better to ask some of the big paint companies which product they recommend for rads.

I find Satinwood works well.

Gloss doesn't look right to me.

Air dry paint worked for me, diluted with solvent then finished with a clear lacquer.
Sprayed rads white 3 years ago and still white.

so you are saying your rads are of no use? (wait for it)

your rads are well laqured

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back