Conservatory electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seeking advice regarding Section P. Various sites are offering up conflicting advice.
Would I be breaking the rules if I extend, via a 13A fused spur, an existing circuit (one cable spur) into a planned conservatory (adding 2 double sockets)?
Would appreciate any guidance.

Sponsored Links
No problem doing that. Its just a spur from an existing ring and not notifiable as conservatory does not count as 'outside'.

BUT (there's always one) the existing ring must be protected by RCD so your sockets meet the criterea for those that may be used to power prtable equipment outdoors.

TTC

if RCD protection is an issue you can always use RCD sockets in the conservatory, its only a couple of sockets so it won't break the bank.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your advice.

The consumer unit was changed 4 years ago for a more modern one, incorporating RCD, so that should cover it.

I'll replace the existing spurred socket with a 13A fused sur and run the double sockets off that and into the new conservatory.
The lighting won't be a problem as the outside light will be enclosed within the conservatory. I'd better change the light fitting though, as the minister for war and transport will, naturally, want a 'nicer' light ! Bless her !

Cheers.........BB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back