Radiator in conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WE have just had a conservatory built and a new long radiator put in. The builders have taken a feed off the lounge radiator and back to the same radiator. The top of the new radiator is hot but not the bottom. Please help!!!

Sponsored Links
is the bottom stone cold or just a little cooler than the top?

Conservatory said:
WE have just had a conservatory built and a new long radiator put in. The builders have taken a feed off the lounge radiator and back to the same radiator. The top of the new radiator is hot but not the bottom. Please help!!!

What sze piping has the plumber used?

Sponsored Links
I don't know size of pipes.
Top is a lot hotter than bottom, bottom is not cold but slightly warm to touch.

the top will always be hotter than the bottom.

does it heat the room or is it always cold in there?

Why will the top always be hotter than the bottom?
It is cold in there the temperature of the radiator is not enought to heat the room.

nickso said:
the top will always be hotter than the bottom.
not to any great extent unless you have an ENORMOUS rad

If the difference from the top to the bottom is noticiable then you may be advised to whip it off and give it a flush out as you may have sludge build up

unlikely in a brand new rad but its always the first thing to check.

other than that its best to make sure all the rads are properly balanced and hope its not just the way the plumber has installed the new rad to the system.

the bottom middle is always cooler on all but the smallest of rads.....admittedly not always to a noticable degree.

corgi man are you a bg engineer? couldnt it be that there is an airlock in the bottom of the rad feel both pipes flow and return ? try turning off the living room rad it is teeed off from . listen at bottom of new rad when u do that can you hear any air being pushed out ? does it get hotter at the bottom now?

its not beyond the reaalm of possibilty but i doubt it

I would suggest its more likely that some shyte from the system has made to the rad from the system

No way am I a bg engineer

shiver

are the pipes thet feed the existing rad thinner than ya little finger 7 if so does the new rad get hot if the rad its tee,d off is switched off, could be classic lack of flow. Unless the rads masive it's unlikely to heat the conservatory on a dark cold night even when hot.

Home conservatory and home improvement ideas and tips shared with good information as well as nice discussion topics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back