Condensing Boiler Condensate Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will shortly be having a boiler replaced in a rental property that I own. Due to where the boiler has to be located (same place as before) the condensate will have to be pumped from the landing area up into the lolf. A lift of something like just over 3M. The condensate will discharge into the toilet stack.

Please advise what manufactures of condensate pumps are available and what experiance you have had on reliability of these systems.

I wish to spec the pump system myself.

Also I would expect the installer to put a downward slope on the condensate pipe from its highest point in the loft down to the connection at the stack. Thus this length of pipework will be empty except when the pump is running. Am I correct please?

Whilst my installer has previously fitted a boiler for me in another property and to me his work is good, I still wish to be able to discuss areas of my concern with him. I'm leaving this cold country soon and I need system reliablity.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Cant go far wrong with a Centerbrand pump (plumbcenters own)..as fot the fall it is not imperitive as the pump will discharge all the condensate anyway. They are pretty reliable as long as they are wired in to the boiler correctly.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys..

Paul..if the pump system fails then I have to arrange to get things sorted..and I will be living in Thailand..that usually means 'pay-a-plumber'. I don't have a problem with this, however having fitted a new boiler and upgraded controls..as is required..I don't want some poxy limit switch making my plumber friend more rich.

However I do appreciate the help given

are you a CORGI reg type peep

if not shame on you a landlord an all, how many rules are you breaking :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back