Hotpoint TDC30P schematic (condenser dryer not heating up)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our Hotpoint TDC30P condenser dryer not heating up. Can someone please tell me where can I get hold of a schematic for this model dryer.

Much thanks

Sponsored Links
Can't help with schematic, but I had the top off one recently because it gave up after about a minute.
However I can tell you there is a 'primary' and 'secondary' circuit. because just under the top is a 'relay'.as well as a 'timer' and switches.
If you remove the panel on the rear you will see the motor/fan and the heating elements on the secondary circuit.
So you should be able to test the elements and replace as necessary.
My problem was not the same as yours but you may find it of interest.
I removed the relay and when tested with continuity meter it was OK.
I then rigged it up for a 'live' test and when switched on again it was OK, but I left it on and after about a minute or so it failed. I tried it again after it had time to cool a little and it was OK again. Leaving it on for longer periods it went off and on as the coil heated and cooled.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back