fence replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[HELP PLEASE]
MY FENCE[WOODEN] CAME DOWN IN RECENT GALES.
QUESTION.
THE VERTICAL POSTS BROKE OFF AT GROUND LEVEL
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW DEEP THESE GO. HOW CAN I OR WHAT IS THE BEST WAY [EASIEST]TO REMOVE WOOD AND REPLACE UPRIGHTS? THEY ARE IN
CONCRETE AND RUN ALONG A LOW RETAINING WALL IF I HAVE TO BREAK OUT THE POST ENDS WITH A DRILL AND DISTURB THE BRICKWORK WILL THIS PROVE HARD TO REMEDY .
ANY IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS .

please note forum rule 6

Sponsored Links
Might be easier to start fresh post holes approximately in the middle of the ex-panel and put in a half panel to make up for it, there are normally about 24" deep in the ground. Also it would be a good idea to have a difference fence panel design to allow the wind to go through the fence panel instead of the force wind bending it unless the post hole isn't deep enough. If you want to use the same post hole then a small kango breaker or SDS drill to break it out,

example, many difference type
images

images

Just re-read it, not sure where your retaining wall is, on the side or on the top of the wall?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back