low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can you help i have an electric shower, mains cold water fed but pressue is low especially on hot, low pressure light does not come on, can you help. cannot have a tank fed because have combi boiler.

Sponsored Links
1. Which shower is it?
2. Has it got worse recently, or always been like this?

triton t80i, it is only 12 months old ,it has got marginally worse i bought a new shower head and the only way i get a good shower is on jet mode
and very small spray area!

Also, it would be interesting to know which power rating of the T80si it is.

Meanwhile, there are two possible factors at play:

1. In the winter, the incoming water temperature is at its lowest. The shower can only increase the water temperature by a fixed amount (at a given rate of flow), so its maximum temperature output in the winter is correspondingly at its lowest.

2. Do you live in a hard water area, and does the shower make a loud 'kettling' noise? If so then it might be scaled up, which reduces its efficiency markedly. You can descale, but I never undertake this professionally because fitting a new canister is always the cheaper option for the customer.

Sponsored Links
hi, thanks for the reply the shower rating is 8.5 kw but funnily enough yes the flow rate was better in the summer but didnt think anything of it.!

Being from the US, the house I bought over a year ago is from 1956. The pipes are primarily galvanized iron/steel which were corroded severely to the point when I took them out you couldn't even see through them. I replaced with CPVC piping which never corrodes. I would replace your pipes with copper or CPVC or possibly even PEX.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back